Monday, August 26, 2013
Today I got an awesome request to also make my assignment tracker in Lucky Charms and here it is. I love getting suggestions from y'all so keep them coming! Also I am so sorry for my lengthy absence! I moved into my dorm a week ago and my first college class was today! I'm starting to get into the rhythm of things so hopefully I will be posting more often. If you have suggestions for any other post tell me and I'd be happy to consider it!
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Lately I've been a huge fan of wearing lots of bracelets with my watch. I hardly ever leave my house without my watch and at least two bracelets. I feel its a great way to dress up any outfit. Here are some of my suggestions for your arm collection!
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
I just love printables. I've found dozens on pinterest that I use. And as the first day of school draws closer and closer (less than two weeks for me) I have found more ways to keep my school work organized. Of course I love my planner, but sometimes I like to have one sheet of paper with all my assignments on it just to keep in perspective what I still have to do. It is easier for me to understand what all I have to do when it is neatly listed on one sheet of paper. Which is why I created this printable and thought I would share it with you guys! Just right click, save the image, print it out and viola! You have a cute place to write down all your school assignments.
Hope you like it! And if there is any ideas you have for a printable comment and I can make it.
Sunday, August 11, 2013
A while ago I stumbled across this DIY and absolutely loved it. I'd been looking for some pillow ideas for my dorm and knew this would be perfect. Here's how mine turned out!
It was super easy to do, but it did take a little longer than I expected. It was worth it love because I love this pillow! Perfect way to add a little sparkle to your room while showing your school spirit!
Saturday, August 10, 2013
If I could only choose one piece of make up to use, it would be mascara. By a long shot. So naturally I spend quite a bit of time trying to figure out how I can get the best lashes I possibly can. Here are a few tips I've figured out over the years.
- The most important step is picking out the right mascara(s). First you have to figure out your lashes' weakness. If they're short you need a mascara that lengthens. If they're sparse you need a mascara that volumizes. Or if they're straight you need one that holds curl. Most mascaras will advertise what their strength is, but here are my favorites for each.
- Curl your lashes. This may be a no brainer for many, but if you don't I'm telling your to reconsider. It seriously helps.
- Give your mascara a chance. If you buy a new mascara and don't love it right a way give it some time. Or you can even take the wand out and let the tube dry out just a little for a few minutes. Often mascaras can be too wet at first and will cause clumps. If you find that this is the problem with a new mascara just let it dry out a little and it should work a lot better.
- Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. I've found that the best technique for great lashes its to really wiggles at the roots then slowly bring the wand to the tip of the lashes. This gets the best results for making your lashes look full and voluminous.
- Try different combinations. I use two different mascaras. I use a lengthening one for the first coat and a volumizing one for the second coat.
I hope this helps you get your best lashes ever!
Friday, August 9, 2013
I've always been a backpack girl, but lately I've been considering switching to a tote. However I'm a notorious over packer, so a backpack is practically my only option. But for a light schedule, a tote would be perfect. For my backpack this year I chose this one in black (and added my monogram, of course.) It's sturdy and has a pocket in the back just for your laptop. Here are some other options I considered to carry around!
Thursday, August 8, 2013
Gentle Reminders Pencils- Pink, Set of 6 / Keep Calm and Eat a Donut 13x19 Poster (Featured in Pink Lemonade) Buy... / Bai Pick-Me-Up Alarm Clock / 2014 kate spade new york 17-month agenda / kate spade new york Things We Love Eat Cake For Breakfast Mug / Xhileration Paisley Lace Basket - Set of 4 / Desktop Accessories
Saturday, July 27, 2013
As much as I hate to admit it, my summer isn't always as exciting as I wish it was. I like to spend some days lounging around watching tv or movies, which is when Netflix is my best friend. So here are some of my suggestions of movies and shows to watch on Netflix.
Buffy is a classic! I'm currently in the middle of season 3 and I'm obsessed! It's like Teen Wolf but with plenty of girl power!
Greek has a little bit of everything. Drama, romance and plenty of humor. I finished this series a while ago and loved it. Even if you know nothing about the Greek system you'll still enjoy the show.
Classics for every girl:
I remember when I saw 13 Going On 30 when I was eight (it was my first PG-13 movie!) I fell in love with it, and it has a special place in my heart. If you're looking for an adorable, feel good movie this one is perfect
In the words of Cher Horowitz AS IF! If you have not seen Clueless then do so now! It's a classic. It's like the Mean Girls of the 90's. It's also based on Jane Austen's novel Emma.
Movies you've probably never heard of:
This movie is one of my absolute favorites. Kirsten Dunst is my favorite actress and her character is incredibly cute and quirky. Also Orlando Bloom (enough said right?)
This movie can best be described as a dark romance. It's hard to explain, but trust me on this one, you'll want to watch this.
If you're ever bored this list is all you need to get through the day, so grab some popcorn and get comfy!
Friday, July 26, 2013
The thought of sitting down and writing in a journal everyday to me can be daunting. Which is why I thought that this "A Thought a Day" journal was perfect. It has a page for each day of the year with five spaces to write on, one for each year. It's great because you only have to write a few lines worth, in fact that's all you can write. What should you say in such few lines? The journal suggests "Something as simple as breakfast, or something that made you laugh, or even cry. Or maybe it's more reflective."
My favorite part is that once it's done you can go back and look at how you've changed in five years. By the time I finish mine I will be done with college and (hopefully) have started my career. I can't wait to look at this when it's done and laugh at all the things I had to say.
PS- This is actually on sale right now. I bought mine in Barnes and Noble but it is also on Amazon for just as cheap!
Thursday, July 25, 2013
- Do it seasonally. It's much more stressful and overwhelming if you're trying to go through your entire closet at once. At the beginning of each season try and get rid of things to make room for new clothes.
- Try to sell old clothes. I find that the incentive of money really helps me get motivated to clean my closet and actually get rid of some of it. There are many places like Plato's Closet and Buffalo Exchange who will pay you money for the clothes you don't want. It's a win win situation.
- Put away clothes you can't decide if you want to get rid of for awhile. Fold them up and put them in a box or put them in the way back of your closet where you can't see them. If in a few weeks you never thought about them get rid of them! You obviously didn't want to wear them so now they are just taking up space. This tip is really helpful for people like me who hate to get rid of things. It's the proof I need to realize that I don't need that piece of clothing.
I hope this helped all of you keep your closet neat and full of room for all your new finds!
*not my picture, found on google
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
I've been a member of birchbox for over two years now. I love the cute little box the samples come in and I'm always looking for new ways to use them. Lately I've been in love with the idea of a little tray for my desk and then I realized my old birchboxes could do that! I used white acrylic paint to cover the sides and the inside, I did about four coats since I used white but two or three coats is probably all you need for darker colors. I also alternated between vertical and horizontal brush strokes to blend it and make the strokes less obvious. To finish it I cut a piece of scrapbook paper to cover the bottom of the inside, used modge podge to glue it and viola! It was incredibly easy and I loved the way it turned out.
Right now I'm using it to hold a few of my favorite little notebooks I got from Target a while ago.
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
As a college student I understand the importance of a planner. So when it came time to pick one I did not take the decision light heartedly. I'm picky, especially when it comes to my school supplies. I want whatever will be most efficient and of course keep me organized for school. When it came down to it I was almost positive it was between a May Book or a Lilly Pulitzer agenda. Then I remember how much I loved my Moleskine planner I had a couple of years ago! As soon as I got on the website and saw this one it was too adorable to pass up and I got it. I couldn't be happier with my choice.
One of the things I loved the most (besides the adorable cover) was the format. It has the entire week on one side with a sheet of lined paper on the other. Perfect for to do lists or random little scribbles. Great for someone as scatter brained as me. It has a cute little pocket in the back as well to hold little notes. And added bonus, there's little stickers!
So if you're in the market for a new planner that is cute as well as function I suggest a moleskine (specifically a Peanuts themed one!)