Wednesday, July 24, 2013

DIY: Birchbox Upcycle

I've been a member of birchbox for over two years now. I love the cute little box the samples come in and I'm always looking for new ways to use them. Lately I've been in love with the idea of a little tray for my desk and then I realized my old birchboxes could do that! I used white acrylic paint to cover the sides and the inside, I did about four coats since I used white but two or three coats is probably all you need for darker colors. I also alternated between vertical and horizontal brush strokes to blend it and make the strokes less obvious. To finish it I cut a piece of scrapbook paper to cover the bottom of the inside, used modge podge to glue it and viola! It was incredibly easy and I loved the way it turned out.  




Right now I'm using it to hold a few of my favorite little notebooks I got from Target a while ago.


xoxo Lauren




No comments:

Post a Comment