Thursday, July 25, 2013

Cleaning Out Your Closet



I have a hard time getting rid of things, so if you're anything like me cleaning out your closet is a bit of a nightmare. I end up looking through everything and saying to myself "I still wear this, I just forgot about it for awhile but I will wear it more soon" and then it still never gets worn. So here are some of my tips to cleaning out the closet.

  1. Do it seasonally. It's much more stressful and overwhelming if you're trying to go through your entire closet at once. At the beginning of each season try and get rid of things to make room for new clothes.
  2. Try to sell old clothes. I find that the incentive of money really helps me get motivated to clean my closet and actually get rid of some of it. There are many places like Plato's Closet and Buffalo Exchange who will pay you money for the clothes you don't want. It's a win win situation.
  3. Put away clothes you can't decide if you want to get rid of for awhile. Fold them up and put them in a box or put them in the way back of your closet where you can't see them. If in a few weeks you never thought about them get rid of them! You obviously didn't want to wear them so now they are just taking up space. This tip is really helpful for people like me who hate to get rid of things. It's the proof I need to realize that I don't need that piece of clothing.
I hope this helped all of you keep your closet neat and full of room for all your new finds!

xoxo Lauren

*not my picture, found on google

No comments:

Post a Comment