Saturday, August 10, 2013

Getting the most out of your mascara


If I could only choose one piece of make up to use, it would be mascara. By a long shot. So naturally I spend quite a bit of time trying to figure out how I can get the best lashes I possibly can. Here are a few tips I've figured out over the years.


  • The most important step is picking out the right mascara(s). First you have to figure out your lashes' weakness. If they're short you need a mascara that lengthens. If they're sparse you need a mascara that volumizes. Or if they're straight you need one that holds curl. Most mascaras will advertise what their strength is, but here are my favorites for each. 
                                                                 length//volume//curl
  • Curl your lashes. This may be a no brainer for many, but if you don't I'm telling your to reconsider. It seriously helps.
  •  Give your mascara a chance. If you buy a new mascara and don't love it right a way give it some time. Or you can even take the wand out and let the tube dry out just a little for a few minutes. Often mascaras can be too wet at first and will cause clumps. If you find that this is the problem with a new mascara just let it dry out a little and it should work a lot better.
  • Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. I've found that the best technique for great lashes its to really wiggles at the roots then slowly bring the wand to the tip of the lashes. This gets the best results for making your lashes look full and voluminous.
  • Try different combinations. I use two different mascaras. I use a lengthening one for the first coat and a volumizing one for the second coat.




I hope this helps you get your best lashes ever!
xoxo Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment